"ARGH!" Moments

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chlorate
My Cars:

"ARGH!" Moments

Post by Chlorate »

So I was in Halfrauds earlier buying antifreeze and brake cleaner when I overheard some...people...*cough pikeys* trying to return an oil filter that they'd bought for their Saxo.
Apparently it was completely different from the one on their car.
Or something.

Whatever.

Anyway, one of them said "my sister's Saxo doesn't have HT leads, it has some kind of solid rail thing"

I wanted to scream.

Anyone else had this kind of thing, or is it just me?
Citroen Xantia Exclusive HDi

previously:
Citroen ZX Volcane - RIP
Peugeot 106 XN... stolen and destroyed by Kent Police :evil:
lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

Post by lurchy666 »

my favotite arrgh moment was i had a old ford granada, i went to ford dealer for a dealer only part (the diff hanger), told the bloke behind the counter ( i knew there would be trouble he only looked 12) what i wanted and from what car on what year everything he'd need,

the responce from the ford parts person was "wasn't a granada a vauxhall"

haha granada a vauxhall,
c5 2.2 auto hdi estate 52 reg
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Chlorate wrote
"Saxo doesn't have HT leads, it has some kind of solid rail thing"

a Saxo with a coil pack (solid rail thing) indeed dose not have HT leads,

but im 99% sure the oil filter would be the same for a Saxo wether it had HT leads or not

regards malcolm
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

all saxo mk1 oil filters are interchangeable (same as the xud9) but the later ones had a paper element (mk2, also had the cat in the downpipe)
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

yes of coures Chris570 you are correct, i forgot about the silly plastic filter houseing with paper element inside

regards malcolm
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

tis a silly design really.

unfortunately i am somewhat of a TU geek :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Chris570 wrote:tis a silly design really.

unfortunately i am somewhat of a TU geek :)
Nothing wrong in that Chris. A real little peach of an engine. I love 'em too :P
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

While stood in parts place a guy in front wanted bits for Discovery 200tdi diesel. when the Parts man went to go through the back the owner shouted "Remember that`s the Fuel Injection model I got" :shock: :oops:
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
Chlorate
My Cars:

Post by Chlorate »

citronut wrote: a Saxo with a coil pack (solid rail thing) indeed dose not have HT leads,
Aaah yes of course.
Somewhat assumed that the engine would be similar to the TU1 from my deceased (or rather, executed by the police service) 106; which had twin coils.
Assumption being the mother of all (-expletive removed-) and all that.
lexi wrote: "Remember that`s the Fuel Injection model I got"
I must find one of these legendary carbureted diesels one day :D
Citroen Xantia Exclusive HDi

previously:
Citroen ZX Volcane - RIP
Peugeot 106 XN... stolen and destroyed by Kent Police :evil:
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Ive got the daddy of parts requests...not at Arrrggghhh moment though i must admit :oops:

This happened in our branch before i started......

A customer comes into the shop...approaches the counter and Eric asks him "Yes what can i get you"? The customer replies "I need a set of brake pads"...Eric being a funny sod just stands there for a few moments waiting for the customer to give him further information like the reg number etc....no further information came....so Eric turned around, went into the back and picked up a random box of brake pads, brought them back to the counter, booked them out and charged the customer. The customer duly paid and never came back :lol:

When he first told me i couldnt stop laughing for ages......its the best one i heard since a customer called over the phone at Trafford Park and asked me "Do you sell Honda parts mate?" "Yes" i replied....he then said "How much are they?" i had to reply...."Well they range from about a pound up to a couple of thousand i guess...." :lol:

I love people :P
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
deian

Post by deian »

vince wrote:
This happened in our branch before i started......

A customer comes into the shop...approaches the counter and Eric asks him "Yes what can i get you"? The customer replies "I need a set of brake pads"...Eric being a funny sod just stands there for a few moments waiting for the customer to give him further information like the reg number etc....no further information came....so Eric turned around, went into the back and picked up a random box of brake pads, brought them back to the counter, booked them out and charged the customer. The customer duly paid and never came back :lol:

I love people :P
... Did Eric get him a set of pads for a Mercedes S-class!

But that is beyond silly, some people are sitting ducks!
lurchy666

Post by lurchy666 »

arrrggghhh moment from one of my friends,

her exhaust fell off her cinquechento she rang me and a few others and asked how 2 put it back on we all said go get some rubbers and do it that way,

any way we heard no more so we thought good she did it, well we was all out that night, she turned up with exhaust dragging along ground and a wierd smell coming from car

she said couldn't get the rubbers cause she was busy so she had sellotaped her entire exhaust system on around the back of car (well up and over roof and around car) and then wondered y it fell off
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Vince's story about the brake pads would be even funnier if his colleague had, by pure chance, supplied the correct type.
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

lurchy666 wrote:she said couldn't get the rubbers cause she was busy so she had sellotaped her entire exhaust system on around the back of car (well up and over roof and around car) and then wondered y it fell off
Am I the only one expecting a different explanation (i.e. wrong rubbers)? :shock: :D

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
lurchy666

Post by lurchy666 »

well to get her home me and a few mates ended up under our cars nicking exhaust rubbers,

quite funny really, :lol: