Random fan

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Random fan

Post by Stempy »

My blower fan seems to be going a bit random and can't decide what speed to run at. Seems to happen when it thinks it needs to change temperature, which makes me think it could be a sensor going duff, but if someone knows otherwise I'd be grateful for the input. This is the Xantia BTW with climate control.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Well firstly, the cabin temp sensor is behind the Alarm LED on the DASH, left of the clock... try giving that a good blast out with air - preferable compressed, it can get covered in dust and not read well..

Theres lots of other various sensors dotted all around a Climate Control heating system, but Id suspec that one first, and its the easyest...

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Is the fan like that whatever its set to or just on auto/ the reason I ask is that the fan on my HDi does just what you're describing when its set to auto but otherwise runs fine (under investigation at the mo).

BTW no avatar? Most unlike you :?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Yes Richard, just on auto.

The avatar is missing as my ISP decided they would no longer be providing web space and I haven't got around to making alternative arrangements :roll:

Lexia ponce

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The only real way to check all sensors are good is a Lexia session.

It's worth checking the connectors on the blower iof the problem is apparant in all positions and not just in Auto...

I'd be more than happy to host your avatar Stempy, just email it to me and I'll pop it on my webserver...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Cheers Jim :D

Lexia ponce

Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

CitroJim wrote:The only real way to check all sensors are good is a Lexia session.
That's interesting Jim, and something which has been bugging me. The aircon ECU on my Activa won't talk to the Lexia. There's also a field in the engine ECU about communication with the aircon (the exact name escapes me) which says there is no communication. The temperature control seems to work reasonably well though.

Do you (or indeed anyone else with a Lexia) see the info on the aircon ECU? Or have I got a fault? (Could be the fake Lexia kit, although I doubt it).

Thanks,

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Sl4yer wrote:The aircon ECU on my Activa won't talk to the Lexia. There's also a field in the engine ECU about communication with the aircon (the exact name escapes me) which says there is no communication.

Do you (or indeed anyone else with a Lexia) see the info on the aircon ECU? Or have I got a fault? (Could be the fake Lexia kit, although I doubt it).
I've not had a problem getting my Lexia to communicate with the A/C ECU, IIRC it shows inside cabin + vent + footwell + outside + evaporator temperatures as well as the position of the switch. The only way you'll know whether its the Lexia or the car is to test the Lexia on another car.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

DickieG wrote:I've not had a problem getting my Lexia to communicate with the A/C ECU, IIRC it shows inside cabin + vent + footwell + outside + evaporator temperatures as well as the position of the switch. The only way you'll know whether its the Lexia or the car is to test the Lexia on another car.
That's interesting Richard. Thanks.

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto