Rattly Xsara Picasso

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Rattly Xsara Picasso

Post by RichardW »

Got an odd one on our Picasso.... It's got a rattle in the NSF somewhere - but it only happens when you've got a passenger in! It sounds like it's right at the top of the suspension under the dash / windscreen. It might have started after the wheel bearing was replaced - can't be sure as I didn't drive it much before the WB change, and the bearing noise was drowning everything else out! I changed the TRE and drop link - no good. Took it back to garage (who did WB) and they changed the caliper slides. No good :roll: Now, I think there is a bit of play in the bottom ball joint, but it doesn't sound like that sort of rattle - it's a lighter noise, and almost a definite rattle rather than clonk IYSWIM. I've shaken and levered evrything both with it on the deck and in the air, but I can't replicate it. Anybody come across anything similar? I suppose the next thing is to change the lower arm - Haynes shows levering it out of the hub with a chain and long bar - is it possible to get these out a la ZXs using a lever and pressure on the outside of the hub, or a long bar over the arm and under the floor?
Richard W
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

its not got a broken coil spring has it, as it seems that Xsara's/picaso's suffer from this,

that why citroen intrduced the spring catcher for these cars to stop the spring going through the tyre

regards malcolm