heater stone cold

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

les
Locked user account

heater stone cold

Post by les »

hi all looking for ideas on a cold heater on 93 xantia td new thermostat fitted system drained flushed rad and matrix with hose pipe re filled and bled system still cold heater am i looking at a blocked matrix when i put the hose pipe on to the matrix top pipe water came from bottom pipe could it still be blocked despite this both hoses to matrix are HOT regards les
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

If the matrix seems to be getting hot then I'd assume the mixing flap isn't working and venting cold air only? I'm sure the more knowledgable ones will have a more accurate diagnosis.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Are both hoses at the same temperature? If so, as Mike says the flap is not operating, if not heater matrix blocked or air lock.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Did you bleed the matrix at the bleed point on the matrix connection elbow Les? There's what looks like a tyre valve cap there and that unscrews to bleed air.

If yours is non-aircon then all the flaps are bowden cable driven. It;s not unknown for the cable inners to kink at the control panel end. the slider moves but the movement is not communicated to the flap.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
les
Locked user account

Post by les »

thanks for reply chaps both matrix hoses about same temp yes jim bled at valve near matrix let coolant flow for about a minute or so. whilst operating heater temp slider it sounds as if its working i can hear it slap for want of a better phrase
Martin Beevers
My Cars:

Post by Martin Beevers »

Les,
I have the same problem. I just get minimal warm air. Mine is a slapper too...

Err, sorry Mrs not you... :oops:

Have you managed to sort yours yet?
95 Xantia 1.9TD SX - Now sold