engine management light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Duracell
My Cars:

engine management light

Post by Duracell »

I've just replaced the MAF sensor on my C5 - the cars now running perfectly but the engine service light is still on - am I correct in believing that it will reset itself after a few miles?

Thanks
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

Well if it doesn't go off try this,
Press the speedo zero reset button and hold the button in, then switch the ignition on (still holding the button) you should see a display counting down from 10. once it flashes on 0 switch ignition off then on and voila - new service interval.Worked for me every time the service light came on.
cachaciero
My Cars:

Re: engine management light

Post by cachaciero »

Duracell wrote:I've just replaced the MAF sensor on my C5 - the cars now running perfectly but the engine service light is still on - am I correct in believing that it will reset itself after a few miles?

Thanks
Assuming no further faults 3 start run cycles and it should clear.

cachaciero
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

How much do MAF sensors cost?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Around £100
Duracell
My Cars:

Post by Duracell »

I've now been out 3 times - 46 miles - car running perfectly but still has the engine management light on. If I've got another fault I don't know where to start as I have no symptoms. Any suggestions gratefully received.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Duracell wrote:I've now been out 3 times - 46 miles - car running perfectly but still has the engine management light on. If I've got another fault I don't know where to start as I have no symptoms. Any suggestions gratefully received.
Ideally get the codes read by a friendly local FCF member with a Lexia, they can also reset the codes at the same time.
Duracell
My Cars:

Post by Duracell »

Thanks everone for the help - I've just it driven for the 4th time and its reset itself, so issue resolved.
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

Duracell wrote:Thanks everone for the help - I've just it driven for the 4th time and its reset itself, so issue resolved.
However be aware that the fault is still logged in the ECU so should you have another problem and take it to a garage which puts it on a Lexia they could be forgiven for thinking that you have a MAF fault :-)

cachaciero