LHM leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paco
My Cars:

LHM leak

Post by paco »

I've just discovered a substantial leak in the hydraulic pipe that supplies the front offside sphere.

Does anyone know of a kit or a procedure to repair this leak without replacing the pipe?

Thanks in advance.
Pleiades
My Cars:

Post by Pleiades »

That will be the front strut feed pipe, a common failure.

My fix is to look down the pipe run and you will find a small quadrant clamp holding the pipe to the inner wing, remove the clamp and bin it but keep the nut and bolt.

cut the pipe just below the clamp and flare it up, then fit a female coupling (joiner) Using a standard P clip and the original nut and bolt, fix the female coupling to the inner wing where the quadrant was, then continue with a new bit of pipe up to the strut top.

Easy peasy but you will need a flaring tool.

Regards
Martin.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the reason this pipe fails is there is not enough free pipe from the clamp Martin talks about and the strut top, the genuine citroen replacemaent pipe has been modified and gose right round the other side of the strut top and back, this allows more free movement in that end of the pipe as the strut top moves side to side

regards malcolm
paco
My Cars:

Post by paco »

Thanks for the advice, Martin.

Can you tell me where to purchase the feed pipe and fittings required?

Regards.
Pleiades
My Cars:

Post by Pleiades »

Well as Malcolm states, the new pipe is available and modified, this can come from any dealer.

Or if you dont want to replace the whole pipe, then you will need a flairing tool, pipes and fittings. We do them! You would then have your own tool to enable repairs in the future.

The 3rd option is to get someone who already has the flaring tool and pipes to sort it for you, as a one off, this would most likely be the cheapest option.

Regards.
Martin.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Martin wrote
" the new pipe is available and modified"

and what fun and games to fit if you do it properly and fit it back exactly were it lives

regards malcolm