warning light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rongee68

warning light

Post by rongee68 »

i had a yellow warning light come on, its above the fuel gauge and is an engine with a reversed k on it. what is it please. also the car is not starting as it did, before the warning light came on it started as soon as the heater plug light went out now you have to keep it turning over for a while before it starts. duff heater plug by coincidence or related to warning light? warning light stayed on for first trip but now only comes on when you turn on the ignition then goes out when it starts. heater plugs 10 months old. 2.1 r reg xantia, thanks
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's the engine management light. On a 2.1TD a Lexia is really needed to properly diagnose.

Two questions: is it running a bit lumpily (not quite as sweetly as it did) and is the engine stopping almost as soon as the key is turned to off or is it running on for a while?

It'll be worth checking the Needle Lift sensor (look for a resistance of about 100 ohms) although in my experience, it failing does not bring the light on.

Is the light staying on for a while after the engine starts or going off immediately? If it stays on for a short while after a start, this indicates a stored fault in the ECU. Sorry, that's three questions :roll:

As the 2.1TD is fully electronic, a Lexia session is highly recommended. Where are you located?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
rongee68

Post by rongee68 »

yes a bit lumpy not as sweet, seems to run on a bit, will have to check your third point
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Also check for air entering the fuel lines prior to the fuel pump as that causes havoc with 2.1's.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Richard i think your plastic link's have poped of on the DS in your avitar

regards malcolm