306 hdi estate

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

glynn
My Cars:

306 hdi estate

Post by glynn »

just picked this up today at a decent price, couple of niggles though one being that the car pulls to the right. by time i got home it was dark and so i couldn't give it a thorough look over.
There is a bill in the history from only last month that the tracking has been done.
Has brand new tyres on rear so going to put those on front, which are worn on edges and see if there is any difference although i doubt it.

Other problem is that the drivers door speaker does not work.

Engine is sound and its nice to be back in a pug after experiencing the woes of owning a mondeo which was a money pit.

btw i used to be a member of this site a few years ago when i had an Activa so although my profile is new i'm not a newbie really.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Have a look for a broken coil spring on the front suspension.
And welcome back to the fold :D
glynn
My Cars:

Post by glynn »

checked the springs and they are fine, tyre pressures are the same both sides. Have noted though that the front two tyres are different makes and do not have the same tread wear. If its not raining tomorrow i am going to change them for rears which are both new and see how it runs on them.

Checked the faulty speaker, well the speaker wasn't there on the drivers side door, took the passenger one out and popped it in drivers door and it wouldn't work, did a continuity check on speaker cables and one of them has a break somewhere. Does anybody know the pathj of the speaker cables from dash to drivers door and is it an easy job to change???

Other than that everything is okay.
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

First place to check for broken wires is just before the multi plug connection in the hinge area of the drivers door. Peel back the rubber cover from the back of the multi plug & check the wires.
I've just recently repaired a couple of broken wires on our Xsara in the same place that were causing the central locking not to work.

Cheers.
2006 C4 1.6 HDi 16V (92) non FAP
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport Tourer