HDI injector replacement/compatability

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Krede
My Cars:

HDI injector replacement/compatability

Post by Krede »

Since they are ratteling quite badly, I have decided to replace the injectors on my Xantia 110hp HDI.
Through Ebay I have gotten hold of a brand new set of injectors, that, though from a later model, supposedly fit my car.
However, before I take anything apart, I like to hear if anybody can confirm that a set of injectors part no: 0445110044 can be directly replaced by no: 0445110076 ??
And if so, is it a simple matter of "plug and play" ?

Also, the workshop manual states that new fuel pipes should be fitted as well.
I've heard that this isn't necessary... what thoughts do people have on this ?
Xantia 2.0 Hdi , Talbot Matra Murena 2.2(fuel injected ;) )
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

hmmmmm

I cant help with the Compatability of the two sets, but can give my experiance with removal refitting of them..

2.o 8v Injectors DO come out quite easilly, BEST do it when warm, but NOT hot...

Yes they be Plug and Play - or should be. I had no problems when I kept HDi 90 Injectors and plugged them into a 110 ECU.. the ECU shouldn't be able to tell types, just how long to open them for to inject fuel..

GET A SET of Fire proof Washers and Plastic sleeve!! WITHOUT A DOUBT! They are not expensive and have a habit of breaking up.. Remove the injector pipes, release the 13mm nut, and IF YOU CAN Gentley lever up the injectors one at a time, put the new Plastic sleeve on and copper washer on the end, and push back in...

As for injector pipes, I find they WILL seal back up but this depends on two things - HOW True and SQUARE ON you get the injector to Pipe, and how tight you dare to tighten! My advice, Tighten sensible to how you feel, start and check for leaks, if no leaks LEAVE alone, it should stay sealed... I checked pipe prices's and they were DAMM STUPID!!

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Krede
My Cars:

Post by Krede »

Thanks for your reply Paul :)

I was going to replace the copper rings and plastic sleeves as a matter of cause... bur nice to know that they aren't that expensive ;)

People seem to agree that the injectors on the HDI's doesn't get stuck all that badly. Which is far from the case with the ones on the Mercedes 2700 CDI G wagons that are my only experience with commonrails until now.
A special "gliding hammer" and adaptor exists for these injectors, and since they are also Bosch units it should work with mine as well... I'll lend one just to be on the safe side :) mine has, as far as i know, done in excess of 400000km... so they might be stuck.

Figures that the pipes would be expensive...... the cost of the injectors are astronomical anyway, so they might as well "pile on" while they can! :evil: ... I'll take your advise and give the old pipes a chance.
How long did you leave the car before you released the pipes?
Citroen says that 30 seconds should be enough for fuel rail to de-pressurize?
Xantia 2.0 Hdi , Talbot Matra Murena 2.2(fuel injected ;) )
JamesQB
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 1.8 - I miss this car a lot.

Post by JamesQB »

Advice I was given (but have been unable to apply yet) was that the injector pipes can be re-used. I was warned about over-tightening though. When I asked how tight they should be done up, I was told that it's just a case of knowing how much is enough and not too much, and not something that can be passed on.

Does anyone know if you can simply use the torque settings given in the Haynes manual for the injector pipes, or is that likely to do no good to re-used ones?
Honda Civic 2.2 CDTi 2006
Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi 2007
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Not long at all...

I THINK But not certain, when you switch the engine off, listen under the bonnet, and after about 30 seconds, a relay clicks in and activates what sounds like a pressure releaf valve, I had no problem with fuel spurting every where..

ITS ONLY the 8v engines were injectors come out OK, the 2.2 16v are BAD news in this department though..

Good luck!

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto