Xantia 3.0 24V on French ebay.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rmunns
My Cars: 2019 C5 Aircross 2litre diesel, auto.
2018 C4 Pic2 Spacetourer auto. Seems nice so far.
2019 C4 Cactus manual. Didn't like it, lots of niggling points. sold.
2011 C4 Picasso excl. - shaping up to be a disaster, bought June 2019. P/X'd
2009 Citroen C5 X7 exclusive, auto, LHD, 207500km (129000miles) now sold
Citroen Xsara Picasso excl. 2004 2.0 Hdi, RHD, 64000miles. (sold)
Citroen C3 Picasso excl. 2016. sold.
Two Xantias, one petrol, one diesel. sold.

In the past: Renault 16 (in about 1977, for a year). With front pass. seat out transported full bathroom suite from Cambridge to Derby!)
Renault 4TL (in 2011, for a year)

Xantia 3.0 24V on French ebay.

Post by rmunns »

See how much money they fetch over here!

This is on ebay.france but can be looked at on ebay.co.uk

Item number 110443965454
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

ImageImage
deian

Post by deian »

Hope he's got the handbrake on, he left the car in neutral not park.

Nice car though, not citroen alloys but they aren't too bad for the car. Nice condition on the seats.

In £sterling, that is £6313.06p, maybe we shouldn't discuss it too much in case people cotton on and start putting their prices up over here.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I noticed how expensive used cars are over there in france compared to over here. There is an advantage to living in the UK it seems :lol:

Chris.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
deian

Post by deian »

One the government is quickly addressing, this car scrapage scheme is driving the price of used cars up.
Penguin
My Cars:

Post by Penguin »

deian wrote:One the government is quickly addressing, this car scrapage scheme is driving the price of used cars up.
Howso? Surely by offering 2 grand+ off a new car would cause a second hand car to be worth less as it shouldn't be more than a new one.
95 Xantia 1.9td SX
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Maybe so many second-hand cars have gone for scrappage that good available ones are now very much at a premium?

Do the French have a Le Scrappages scheme?

I'm trying to work out why second-hand older cars are worth so much more there than here. There must be some advantage to owning an older car. Are new cards there very considerably more expensive than here or do they just have sound sense and taste?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Penguin
My Cars:

Post by Penguin »

I believe there is a Le Scrappage scheme operating, although I'm not sure what it is worth to Le Punter.
95 Xantia 1.9td SX
Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

Same deal if you compare the UK car market to the USA, second hand cars in the US seem to be worth so much more than over here.
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P
Paul-R
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Maybe it's something to do with the fact that we have such a high percentage of cars bought and run by companies in the UK?

In France I believe that more cars are bought privately than in the UK. Perhaps the private owner can't afford to take the large drop in value of a new car and holds on to it longer?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

As an observer, I suggest it's a price difference driven substantially by consumer desire. More people in the UK actively seek a newer car. The "justification" for much of it, is essentially backformed.
deian

Post by deian »

Penguin wrote:
deian wrote:One the government is quickly addressing, this car scrapage scheme is driving the price of used cars up.
Howso? Surely by offering 2 grand+ off a new car would cause a second hand car to be worth less as it shouldn't be more than a new one.
There are people out there who genuinely can't afford a brand new car or blatantly refuse to buy a new one because they can still run their old car and trust in it.

So you have some people will hold onto their car knowing there are people out there who cannot or will not buy a brand new car.

So as the stock of old cars dwindle because there are the many 'others' out there who do give in to the governments £2k scrapage scheme, the rarity of old cars help increase their value. (not on a big scale, but it certainly shows).

Another example is... i've seen a silver xantia 3.0i V6 for sale on ebay (may still be there) as scrap for £750, I asked the guy whats wrong with the car, he said nothing, he took it in as part of this scrapage scheme for a customer to buy a brand new car. So if the car wants to go back on the road without being broken up you need to cough up £2k for it.

So the next guy who has his Xantia V6 for sale see's this and thinks ok, there are 3 for sale on the market, 1 is £2k to get back on the road and it's a nice car, and the other is say £800, his car is worth less maybe, but because he's seen the other one for £2k (a perfect car nonetheless), he up's his price to £1200 knowing he will still sell.

It's that kind of thing, and I think it's been magnified in france more than here because they may have started this before us with stricter rules. I'm no expert on the french scheme how it works and when it happened, but that is what I feel is happening. Hence the silly price of that french Xantia V6. I think it will happen here at some point but maybe not on the same scale.

I hope I've explained that in an easy way to understand.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

I also think that the French don't see cars as status symbols in the same way as we do and are happy to drive round in old bangers. They are also very loyal to their own car industry. I also wonder how many V6's were produced for their home market as compared to export.

Over here we no longer have a motor industry, so we have nothing to be loyal to, and even if we did we wouldn't buy them, 'cos when we did have they were mostly rubbish and I would contend that we don't have the same sense of national pride anyway.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Cars do hold their value in France, this has nothing to do with any recent scrappage scheme, it is just because there is a smaller proportion of people afford/want to pay the depreciation on a new car.

It is good for us because without markets like that, manufacturers would cease production of spare parts even sooner than they do now.

I am surprised that the French market is not brought into alignment by the import of more heavily depreciated cars from Germany (perhaps cross border registrations are more difficult than I imagine).

I spend quite a bit of time in France, and high-spec Xantias are very rare, I have not seen more than 2 V6s in the flesh in years of looking. It is harder to pick them because French Xantia don't have tail badges (except HDI).