Converting C5 auto to manual

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

C5
My Cars:

Converting C5 auto to manual

Post by C5 »

looking into the possibility of changing a c5 wagon 2003 auto to a be4 manual is it possible considering all the computers etc gearbox and linkages / clutch pedal no probs but do i have to change the computers or can they be reconfigured with lexia to except the manual
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

It would be far easier to sell the car and buy a manual one. Not sure exactly whats involved but its not going to be easy!
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
C5
My Cars:

c5

Post by C5 »

problem is the car i have has 50,000 kms on it and is as new very hard to find in this condition also manual wagons in australia are near impossible to find or buy
cachaciero
My Cars:

Re: Converting C5 auto to manual

Post by cachaciero »

C5 wrote:looking into the possibility of changing a c5 wagon 2003 auto to a be4 manual is it possible considering all the computers etc gearbox and linkages / clutch pedal no probs but do i have to change the computers or can they be reconfigured with lexia to except the manual

Hi

If you can sort the mechanical issue's then I don't believe that the computer issues are insumountable. The autobox ECU's interaction with the rest of the car is as far as I can see minimal (but I could be wrong !) .

Might be worth disconnecting the Auto Box ECU on the car you have and see what "barfs" may give you some ideas of the things that you will have to find solutions to.
Your first problem will almost certainly be that the engine won't start because it has no way of knowing that the box is in park :-) Does a manual have to be in Neutral to start? are there any electronics on a manual box?
Cruise control at least on Auto's apparently monitors selected gears to decide if Cruise mode is valid or not under the selected conditions.

Something else that it would be worth doing is to find out what the software part numbers are in the Engine , BSI and ABS ECU's for both mechanical and auto configurations if they are the same then it would indicate that there may not be such a big problem, if different then you would need to find out if you could get the code required to flash the ECU's having checked before hand that the ECU's are actually re-flashable.

Cachaciero