hydraulic pipe seal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citrov6
My Cars:

hydraulic pipe seal

Post by citrov6 »

the seal on the plastic return to pump from distribution block went, citroen say the pipe comes as a whole £35, where as the pipe itself is fine it is just the seal on the part that goes into the distribution block that is gone, is there an alternative to buying the whole pipe? thanks
Love my black v6 xant - only one with cream coloured leather too!
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Options are either buy a used pipe with the seals or get the old one off to somewhere like pirtek and see if you can get a replacement the same size from them :)
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

Presumably that is a low pressure pipe ? Is it a brass olive type seal ?
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

yes thats right its a low pressure plastic pipe.

the seal is more plastic rubber
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I cannot visualise this pipe Citro :roll: I'm really loosing it if something on a V6 is not recognisable to me :oops:

What distribution block. I can't quite fathom that one either.

Can you describe exactly whre it goes from and to and then I will be able to.

Got a picture?

Sorry, it's been a long, hard brain-mashing week. The SQL database language does that to me :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

oops, i'm blessed to not even know what SQL is lol

umm, what i meant by distribution block cos i'm sure thats not what it is, its the component that has the front accumulator on it and bleed valve. and the pipe that is coming off it is a plastic one returning a feed back to the pump. not sure the proper names for them
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

Both the pipes on my pump are steel ?!
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote: Sorry, it's been a long, hard brain-mashing week. The SQL database language does that to me :lol: :lol:
That's why they call it "SQueaL" :P
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

do you mean the thin plastic tube which is pluged into a short rubber pipe on the underside of the presure regulator just at the front of the gear box,

this pipe as far as im aware dose not have any seals at all,

if this pipe keeps poping out the first thing to try is fit a new acumalator sphere,

regards malcolm
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

hi Malcolm, yes it was the accumulator, i didn't know the symtoms until i read this forum and there was a lot of clicking that i hadn't picked up on. i had already changed the pipe once by then, so i guess it was already damaged. now i have changed the accumulator too, but this seal has gone now.

this plastic pipe goes into the passenger side of the block part and is completely plastic. there is a rubber seal on the block end like a compression fit, but none on the pump side
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Umm, I'm thinking you are speaking of the pipe that runs from the large "hex" outlet on the pump (the one nearest the pulley) to the accumulator and it is clamped across the front of the front bank and runs down to the accumulator sphere block. This is not normally a plastic pipe though. It indeed does not have a seal at the pump end but does have a kind of compression olive seal at the sphere block end. These are often well stuck in the block or accidentally forgotten about as their presence is not obvious.

The only source I know of for a replacement is Pleiades. Give Martin a call and have a natter with him.

Without this seal, or if the seal is damaged, the pipe will leak here. When fitting anew seal, don't do the union up too tightly. Just nipped up (as you'd do with a plumbing compression fitting) will be perfect.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...