Forum available on CD ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jack.dempsey
My Cars: BX TZD @ 250K miles (J reg),
Xantia TD @ 165K miles (R reg),
Xantia 2.1 TD (R reg)
and tow a caravan with them all (not at the same time)

Forum available on CD ?

Post by jack.dempsey »

Having just spend an hour or so perusing the threads in this forum, and finding a wealth of information, most of which I'll forget by tomorrow, I suddenly thought how much invaluable information has been published in these pages. Many of the threads are completed (questions answered - faults sorted) and obviously some are still open. For those of us on 'normal' internet connections (BT standard speeds and rates) searching the forum can work out out a tad expensive. Of course we will save a fortune by heeding the advice that we find within these pages. I wonder if AS has ever considered producing an 'archive' of all threads and making it available on CD ?
I for one would find this a really attractive option and would definitely want a copy. Anyone else agree ?
B_Draper
My Cars:

Post by B_Draper »

This could work out quite well if the CDs were split into volumes ie a 3 to 6 month duration, Unanswered faults/continuing posts would continue on the next volume and so on. The cost of the CD could approximately cost £1 and this would cover postage cost as well as balnks CDs cost from 25 pence upwards. Incidentally I find http://www.cd-rmedia.co.uk a good place to buy cheaps CDs in bulk - (200 CDs and cardboard covers for £50 - Works out at £0.25 per CD)
I guess the hard part would be figuring out the start-up costs and working out how to navigate between posts on and between the CDs! The administrators can't say it wouldn't make an interesting (or profitable [;)]) project!
I would probably be interested in such an option as I will be losing my broadband in a few months and would like a way to easily and cheaply keep up-to-date with Citroen problems.
Good suggestion Jack[:D]
What do you reckon Jon[?]
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Good suggestion guys !
But why not - simply - DIY [}:)] you lazy spoiled guys [}:)]
I mean - why should 1 person do all the work, besides lot's of other objectives to attend (like keeping up & running this site), when we all can do it by simply browsing the pages, copy out in notepad files (or wordpad, if required to store pic's), and then store on CD-roms.
Anything else would require 1 person's allmost full-time work over lenghty period, and who's gonna pay ?
1 CD-rom created does not cost much, but labour work costs.