track rod end 1.9td and turbo charger

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Lawrence1973
My Cars:

track rod end 1.9td and turbo charger

Post by Lawrence1973 »

Hello all,
Just wondered if anyone can diagnose some stuff for me?

What are the typical symptoms for a worn track rod end? I am feeling a bit of vibration coming through the car during acceleration and a fairly obvious vibration at higher speeds.

Are wheel bearings noisy throughout?

Also, when I put the new engine in, I knew that the exhaust gasket was a worn but I chanced it! It's now blowing from the gasket.....would this affect turbo boost?

Cheers

Lawrence
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Lawrence,

No a track rod end won't cause that sort of vibration normally. It will sometine rattle if really badly worn but since the MOT was so recent, they would have spotted it for sure. In my experience, badly worn track rod ends give slightly vague steering.

It sounds to me much like a worn CV joint if all other possibilities such as wheel balance have been excluded.

Yes, a badly blowing exhaust gasket (I presume you mean the "Brillo Pad" between manifold and downpipe) will seriously affect boost. It's a bit of a git to replace...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...