Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD-97. B4 Change Clutch, Things to try

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vsstephen

Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD-97. B4 Change Clutch, Things to try

Post by vsstephen »

When press clutch, feel very heavy. Decide to change the clutch set from GSF uk, Before to change the whole set, thought of change of change the Clutch Pedal Plastic pin. If any one had a experience in this, please kindly share. The attached is the picture, which I get it from Haynes manual. Is this the pin cause the clutch pedal play heavy?. What is the name of this parts?. And how to mention when I order the parts?

Regards
Stephen
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sadly, as Mike says, a heavy clutch is a sure sign it is on its way out :(

Replace it and you will be amazed at just how light a new one is :D

The first time I changed a 1.9TD clutch I really thought I'd made a serious mistake as I honestly could not feel a clutch on the end of the pedal. It was that light!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the part which fails is the clip and sometimes the nylon block it is held by,

in your photo its the black part at the left which is attatched to the top end of the clutch pedel,

i will try and get you ther part numbers for both the parts you will require

regards malcolm
vsstephen

Post by vsstephen »

Thanks bros, Citronut pls provide me the name of the Clip and its neccessary, its easy for me to order in one stretch. Thanks for you kind help.

Thank you
Stephen

Also kindly request you to share some ideas over the hydralic oil float indicator leaks. there is some small leak around the orange color indicator. found very expansive to replace and also it seems got to order from citroen. any other patch solution..Image
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

LHM on top of the resevoir is normally from spillage when it's topped up, nothing to worry about.
Make sure you check the level with the suspension set to high, A should be between the B lines.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
vsstephen

Post by vsstephen »

citronut wrote:the part which fails is the clip and sometimes the nylon block it is held by,

in your photo its the black part at the left which is attatched to the top end of the clutch pedel,

i will try and get you ther part numbers for both the parts you will require

regards malcolm
Dear Citronut, thanks for your valuable tips. please provide me the partnumbers. keenly waiting for your reply. thanks in advance
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

ok

sping steel clip 2138.05 1.29 UK pounds trade inc VAT

cable guide (nylon block) 96170493 5.83 UK pounds trade inc vat

to add to what Xac says check the fluid level on level ground and with the car fully up on its highest setting, and only whrn it has stopped riseing

regards malcolm
vsstephen

Post by vsstephen »

thanks sir