C3 Electric mirrors !!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

welshphil7805

C3 Electric mirrors !!

Post by welshphil7805 »

Hi to you all,just wanted to intoduce myself.
I am new to this forum and have found it very helpfull in the past but this is becoming a pain.
I have a 52 plate C3 Exclusive,which I have had for 6 months and the mirrors have not worked from day one.
Looking at past posts I also believe they also have a folding function(there is a 6 oclock position on the switch).
I have looked in the comprehensive (!!) manual and found not much reference.
If it is any help the ciggie lighter and accessory socket are also not working,wondering if they are related?
Many thanks.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) had three C3s in a row for her driving school. She's now gone to the dark side with a Fiesta but that's another story. :twisted:

She always had trouble with the mirrors and it was always the switch/joystick control affair. It is exceedingly delicate and usually it was rendered useless by a heavy-handed pupil.

Several times I dismantled the switch and got the mirrors going again. It's been a while now but I cannot recall any huge difficulty in snapping it all apart. Again, the old memory is a bit dim but the usual problem was that the switch had been forced beyond it's normal positions and landed in a dead-spot.

Worth a look before sporting out on a new one.

On the C3 generally, apart from this problem, all of hers (all HDi Diesels) were as good as gold and if a car can stand up to driving instruction it really says something for it. Why she went to a F*rd I don't know, something to do with the colour of them I think :roll:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...