Xantia Electrics

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allanmc
My Cars:

Xantia Electrics

Post by allanmc »

Hey there, I am back with me lights problem, at the end of June I told you about having no lights and that eventualy an auto spark fixed it I then went on holiday thinking that all was well I had lights the problem was I had no instument panel lights I contacted the auto spark about 4 weeks ago and he said he would get back to me but has,nt I have phoned but no good, so could someone tell me if this could be something simple that I might be able to fix myself. Thanks
Allan
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Allan,

The first port of call I'd make is to the instrument lighting dimmer rheostat under the steering column cowl.

I'll almost wager the sparker left it disconnected when he went in there to resolve the original fault; easily done, we've all done it at one time or another. It's a two pin brown plug that plugs directy onto the top of the rheostat.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

As Jim states or even just a dirty contact on the dimmer switch wheel, simply touching the wheel or turning it may sort it out.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Reply posted in original thread :) :)

You beat me to it Jim/Richard must read all threads and then reply :lol: :lol:

Colin
allanmc
My Cars:

electrics

Post by allanmc »

Hi Thanks for getting back so quickly you were right about the reostat plug, as soon as I connected it up the lights came on, thanks again.
Allan