How much for my Xantia?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bren
My Cars:

How much for my Xantia?

Post by Bren »

After three and a half years I have decided to part company with my Xantia. I will be sorry to see her go but it's time for a change.
The car is a 1996 Xantia SX Td estate in quartz (silver), genuine 128k with old mot's / comprehensive service history. Towbar with twin electrics, air con (which works and is cold), electric fan on a seperate switch, recent water pump / cambelt and front pads and discs. I had rear spheres and accumulator sphere replaced last october.

Body work is excellent with a small dent on the bonnet - no peeling lacquer in sight. Interior is spotless, no rips etc (I have used seat covers to protect the upholstery), you would'nt believe its a 13 year old car. Front tyres have 6 mm tread, rears 8 mm (I replaced all four at once). The loadspace area has a liner and is absoloutely immaculate.

Bad bits? Only one electric fan works (I have a couple of used ones) and second gear is a bit notchy, but nonetheless the car drives extremely well.

How much do you think I should put it up for? I do'nt want silly money but I'm not prepared to give it away either.
96'Xantia 1.9 td estate
93'gsxr- 750
85' Rover 3500 (work in progress)
Bren
My Cars:

Post by Bren »

Sorry, I forgot to add, I will give the car a 12 month ticket and 6 months tax.
96'Xantia 1.9 td estate
93'gsxr- 750
85' Rover 3500 (work in progress)
dieseldoggy
My Cars:

Post by dieseldoggy »

Hi i'd think around £6-700? or bit more? Has 12 month mot &6months tax. :D history/low mileage/new disc's pads and spheres. :D great interior and bodywork plus tow bar with twin leccy's. :D aircon a1. :D tyres. :D timing belt and bits. :D only :cry: bits are the two fan issues and gearbox. and another big. :D is that it can run on veggie!!! is it non or ecu controlled? and i take it it's a bosch pumped one???

If it is i would also try on veg forum.should be someone looking for one on their? wish it had been on sale while ago i would have had it.
has sx is about best model to go for go most of trinklets without to much complications? is it P or R reg?
The gearbox have you had a look into problem? ie is it box or linkage.
mind you could be clutch thing as 2nd gears a odd one as 1st your already in from stationary and others your upto speed and cars carrying it's weight along.where as 2nd its an in between gear and takes quite abit of stick as it's still pulling all the weight as you accelerating. but if it still goes in ok and don't crunch/slip out? i wouldn't worry about it.
could try oil change/check it?

I think it would be worth a good price and the brucie bonus is??? it's an ESTATE!
xantia 19td estate 96-7
dieseldoggy
My Cars:

Post by dieseldoggy »

hi Bren theres someone looking for one of these in sales section.
xantia 19td estate 96-7
Penguin
My Cars:

Post by Penguin »

Sounds good Bren, unfortunately too far away from me!
95 Xantia 1.9td SX