Help! bypass Xantia immosibilisor after engine replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

amoshong

Help! bypass Xantia immosibilisor after engine replacement

Post by amoshong »

Hi Fellow Xantias,
I have just replaced the engine (XU7JP4) with a 2.0 16V (XU10J4R) on my 96 Xantia 1.8 16V 5MT. I also install throttle, manifold and gas injector for XU10J4R. I still use original ECU and wires for XU7JP4. After replacement, the car can start and run without major problem. However, the 2.0 16V engine performs like a 1.8 16V. Feeling like no more power gained. I swap the removable chip on ECU and refit. Engine produces more power but is still not what 2.0 16V should be.

I have the ECU coming with XU10J4R and know the 4-digit code. However, I don't have a keypad on my 96 Xantia. Is it possible to install a keypad without changing wires on my car?

I would like to install a keypad, turn on the ignition , enter the code, start the engine then unplug the keypad. Is it a easy job?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If the ECU your getting is comming off a running engine then you could unlock the ECU while it is on the other car. Alternitiveley you could borrow another car with a keypad & the same ECU plug to unlock the ECU then disconnect it.
amoshong

Post by amoshong »

wheeler wrote:If the ECU your getting is comming off a running engine then you could unlock the ECU while it is on the other car. Alternitiveley you could borrow another car with a keypad & the same ECU plug to unlock the ECU then disconnect it.
Thank You! wheeler!

I am not in UK. Here, there is no car with all of XU7JP4/XU10J4R, keypad and manual transmission. 70% of car with XU10J4R is 406 2.0 AT. The other 30% is Xantia mk2 2.0 AT. A few 306 and Xantia 1.8 16v with xu7jp4 5MT. However, they don't have keypad. Furthermore, keypad is seen in Xantia and XM AT.

Therefore, i plan to install a keypad to make ECU unlocked.
However, there is no knowing whether the wires of a car without keypad is the same as those of a car with keypad.
If the wires is the same, i manage to get a keypad.
Brigsygtt
My Cars:

Post by Brigsygtt »

i dare say you could get the ecu unlocked for a small fee, might be easier than installing the keypad?
97 Xantia 1.9 td lx with a/c (Daily, 172K, FOR SALE)
98 Xantia Hdi Lx with a/c (105k)
97 Renault Extra (c1j turbo 230+hp, 12.88@106)
91 Renault 5 Gt turbo (68k minter)
amoshong

Post by amoshong »

Brigsygtt wrote:i dare say you could get the ecu unlocked for a small fee, might be easier than installing the keypad?
Yes, you are right. This is my first idea. Citroens are subzero cool cars here. I still don't find right person to unlock it. I consult several citroen garages here. All of them charge a "large" fee. The reason is they have to ship ECU oversea.(I dare to say they lie? They are all business men?) It's not popular to use the original citroen ECU here after upgrading engine. All of them propose superchip, starchip or higher level engine management computer. That's not what I want. I just drive xantia from home to work every weekday and carry my dog to my contry house weekend.

By the way, a 306 fellow tell me: After swaping the main chip, XU7JP4 ECU (Bosch 0 261 203 795 M.P.5.1.1) is almost the same as XU10J4R ECU (BOSCH 0 261 204 066 . MP5.1.1 ). They should have the same management function. The only difference is the immobilisor module.

Is it right? He told me to upgrade exhaust system for XU10J4R first. I compare the chips and layout of both ECU boards. They are different in a small block. Maybe, He is right. Thus, I come to citroen garage again and upgrade the exhaust system.At engine starting, it sounds like I make a right decision. For road test, Xantia takes about 9.0s from 0 to 60 miles/hr with the new exhaust pipe. It's not powerful. However, the power output is adequate and very linear below 3000 rpm. The engine power is very interesting after 3000rpm. Cool, I like it.

I still follow the ECU Unlocked issue, but it's not urgent now.

Thanks, fellows xantia and 306.