more xantia questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

olly
My Cars:

more xantia questions

Post by olly »

This relates to my other post requesting some poor sod to spend the whole weekend scanning the owners manual .
As it looks pretty sunny this weekend and i doubt anyone is going to get out the old scanner, i have a few questions instead.
I also posted it as a reply to another post so forgive me if you have already read it .
here goes...
1. what are the more "odd" buttons on the stereo?
2. why did it "beep beep beep" at me when i pressed the dolby button?
3.how do i store channels?
also
4. I read the SX has heated mirrors, how do they switch on?
5. has the SX got heated seats? cos i can see a white wire poking out of the back of one.
6.what does the switch on the dash with the little speaker crossed out do?
And finally when i put on the heater smelly steam comes out of the vents, - leaking matrix thingy??? Is this a pricey job??
Any advice is welcomed with open arms and a blaring stereo [:)]
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Hi Olly.
3) Select the frequency you want, then press and hold down the button you want to program, until the sound mutes and comes back again. Job done.
4) I think they come on if you put the back demister on, although I could be wrong ( my previous cars use the temperature sensor ).
5) Not as standard, what year is yours - be careful, could be something to do with Seatbelt pre-tensioners or airbags ( depending on your year ).
6) The only thing I can think ( to the right of the wheel ? ) is the cut-out switch to disable the rear electric windows. Beware though, this only cuts out the door switches, kids soon learn that the centre console ones still work !
Just thought, 6 could also be the interior sensor cut-out for the alarm ( eg. perimeter only ).
Regards
Mat.
Fox
My Cars:

Post by Fox »

4) They switch on with the heated rear screen afaik.
5) No, it doesnt. The wire is for the seatbelt pretensioners
6) It's the override switch for the alarm, also turns the volumetric sensors on and off.
Wow! 80 odd posts and I've actually helped someone rather than ask questions :)
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Fox,
Shame you were 6 minutes too late [:D][:D]
Fox
My Cars:

Post by Fox »

Dont rain on my parade [:D][:D]
Besides, you got 6 wrong [:p]
olly
My Cars:

Post by olly »

thank you all for the info[:D][:D]
i do hate not knowing what buttons do
cheers again
olly
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

are you sure the white 'wire' comming out of the seat is'nt just the plastic piping that goes round the edge of the seat working its way out (its quite a common problem).airbag/seatbelt wires are usually coulored orange.you can sometimes feed the piping back in.if it has heated seats the buttons are next to the gearstick.