Confused with my car colour / code!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

HDI Dave
My Cars:

Confused with my car colour / code!

Post by HDI Dave »

Hi all,
Xant needs some paintwork. Trying to find the correct paint code but I'm finding numbers and letters everywhere..and two different paint colours :?
The original Citroen handbook says: RP8129 DANTE RED.
But this site here says Rouge d'enfer nacre..
http://www.premierpaintpots.co.uk/Citro ... 0Codes.htm
There's the same colour as well,further down the list, with the code as MOJA..

On the drivers door pillar:
08129 CJ
1 0258
MMOKJA (I'm sure this is my code?)

On the bulkhead (engine bay),near the drivers top strut,not in yellow...
36380P4998

I can pm my vin number if there's any techspert can help me out please.
Cheers, Dave.
Oh, here's my car,for a rough colour match..pic not too good.
1999 Xantia LX 2.0 HDI 110 Rusteration project...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yep that's it Dave, KJA is the code for Dantes' Red, known in French as Rouge d'Enfer.

Being pearlescent it may not be the easiest to touch up.

XantiaMan583 will be the person to speak to, he is the paint guru around these parts :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

Cheers Jim :D

Going to have a go at 'proper' spraying with my mate. Aerosol's always end up spitting,etc.

Should be fun as we've never used an air spray gun!
Can't look any worse, there's two holes in the rear panel. Paint had bubbled..then my finger went straight through!

Thanks again, Dave.
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

KJA is Rouge D'Enfer .

Officially, it was a 3 stage colour and that meant a white ground coat over the primer, the actual colour which is slightly opaque and then the lacquer coat, however many paint makers have come up with a 2 stage formulation which obviously makes application a lot easier, downside is the effect is not so strong, it tends to be darker.

As long as you quote that code, you will be ok.

MOJA i should imagine is an alternative code, KJA would have replaced it. Nacre means pearl in french, which is technically what KJA, a pearlescent effect which is why you see so much orange when the sun hits it.

Without confusing people too much, Citroen introduced a new colour that replaced KJA Rouge D'Enfer, EKQ Rouge Lucifer, known as Wicked Red. It is a very similar colour and was introduced in 1999, so you have one of the last lot of Xantia's produced in the more attractive (to me) Dante Red.

I hope this helps and if you need to know anything further let me know.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

XantiaMan583 wrote:KJA is Rouge D'Enfer .

Officially, it was a 3 stage colour and that meant a white ground coat over the primer, the actual colour which is slightly opaque and then the lacquer coat, however many paint makers have come up with a 2 stage formulation which obviously makes application a lot easier, downside is the effect is not so strong, it tends to be darker.

As long as you quote that code, you will be ok.

MOJA i should imagine is an alternative code, KJA would have replaced it. Nacre means pearl in french, which is technically what KJA, a pearlescent effect which is why you see so much orange when the sun hits it.

Without confusing people too much, Citroen introduced a new colour that replaced KJA Rouge D'Enfer, EKQ Rouge Lucifer, known as Wicked Red. It is a very similar colour and was introduced in 1999, so you have one of the last lot of Xantia's produced in the more attractive (to me) Dante Red.

I hope this helps and if you need to know anything further let me know.
Thankyou, you are indeed, 'the paint man' :)

I think I was researching it too much;
Dante red
Rouge d'enfer nacre (red of hell!)
Rouge Lucifer
Satin Cranberry??!!!

Ended up with a headache !!

Thankyou for your info, I really do appreciate it.

:D