Ripoff Merchants .

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chevron Terry
My Cars:

Ripoff Merchants .

Post by Chevron Terry »

Hi ,
I phoned my local motor factor company for a Thermal switch for a cooling fan ; price £ 28 - 52 .
My local Citroen dealer : £ 20 - 01 .
What a differance !!
It does pay to shop around .
That is a 30% differance !
Terry .
Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

What surprised is me is that Citroen is the cheaper option! :shock:
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

yess Sid and they will tell you its an orriginal citroen componant, Ive watched as the auto-factors van arrives with parts for the mechanics to repair vechicles in the workshop. yet if I approached Citroen with outside purchased componants they wouldn't fit them saying they have to be citroen componants otherwise they cannot gurrantee them, what a load of bull.

they pretty much use the same suppliers as we do only they have a bussiness account which allows them a price cut.

as for parts coming in from abroard they always have the citroen/pug logo on them but so do some of the componants I have bought from local autofactors.

regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
dave

Post by dave »

I needed a relay for a s-type, cheapest place main dealer, £3.5 motor factor a fiver for the wrong one!
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

dave,
this is why whenever possiable I take the old componant with me to the auto factors to compare the differences.

regards Nigel
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Always a good practice Nigel, that way you can hit them with it if they still get it wrong :lol:

Some dealerships have sl;ashed their prices on some stuff due to lack of income through car sales.....Often though your local independant will be cheaper. the accuracy part is the factor though in most cases....
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
falling-out-with-my-car

Vince,

I always steer well clear of auto factors clutch cables, for some reason they are nearly always thinner on the inner cable and seem to strech more over time.

they also seem to be prone to failure, not just on citroens but renaults and pugs to. (nipples break off).

small items like brake pads & vented disks have always been very good, I was disapointed to find that you could only buy steel wheels from Citroen main dealerships, surely other cars have the same size stud pattern?

Relays I tend to scour the scrapyards for its a lot cheaper that way and you could always find 2 one to keep as a spare.
which reminds me thank you I need one for my rear windscreen wiper.

regards nigel.
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote: , I was disapointed to find that you could only buy steel wheels from Citroen main dealerships, surely other cars have the same size stud pattern?

regards nigel.
I wouldnt go to my local motor factors and expect them to have an alloy wheel in stock or be able to supply. Its a model specific part (as far as the factor is concerned)
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;