C5 air con problem, heater stuck on full heat :(

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

C5 air con problem, heater stuck on full heat :(

Post by Citroenmad »

The C5 estate is having issues with its climate control, im wondering if anyone can shed any light on what is the cause and how i go about fixing it.

With the warm weather ive had the climate set to 16 and AUTO, however the passenger side has a mind of its own. Driving along today i thought it felt very warm, even though the AC was on, however the passenger side vents were extremely hot, as if it was set to 28 and not 16.

I fiddled around with the temp and direction buttons for a while and finally got the heat to turn down, although it was still warmish and certainly not as cool as the drivers side which was nicely chilled by the air conditioning.

It has done it once or twice before (even though the temp has not been adjusted from 16) but now its stuck on full heat, just what you want when we are off to the south of France in it on thursday!

The plan was to go in my C5 hatch, but at the last moment we thought the extra space of the estate would be nice. I think ill change the ferry details back to the hatchback, i dont think it wants a holiday! :lol:

Saying that, my hatch now needs two new front spheres after it scraped through its MOT last week due to one front strut being very very stiff. Ive just swapped the spheres from left to right and the problem has swapped sides, so it seems one sphere has gone faulty. Still no other problems were reported with it :)

Any help with the above heater issue would be greatly appreciated :)

Chris.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

At a guess I'd say the airflow director flaps are not being moved properly by their stepper motors. Common enough problem. Apparently the drive gear is plastic (isn't everything?) and strips fairly easily.

Hot water flows continuously through the matrix and you are unlucky enough to be having it directed into the car instead of the cold air from the aircon. Or at least partially, enough to negate the effects of the aircon.