406 issues

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dibbler

406 issues

Post by dibbler »

I have had my 406 lx auto estate for nearly 3 years without a hitch and last week I have 2 problems ,the speedo has decided to drop for anywhere between 2secs and 5 mins but almost always comes back above 40mph ,then the wipers have decided to stop working for more than 9 sweeps on any setting and will park anywhere on the screen this is proving a real pain as I have to keep hitting the washer to keep them going ,any ideas please
dibbler

Update

Post by dibbler »

Turned out the wipers were an easy fix £23 and about an hours work ,checked on various forums and figured I would change the wiper motor ,trip to breakers swapped motor out a bit of fiddling setting the wipers up and now all sorted ,motor price from a Peugeot garage was a joke.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

On the speedo problem, that sounds like a failing vehicle speed sensor or a poor connection to it.

It'll be worth checking the plug on top of it. You'll find the speed sensor on the RH side of the diff/final drive just above where the driveshaft comes out.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...