relay van with no intermittant wipers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

selectsands

relay van with no intermittant wipers

Post by selectsands »

i have had a eye blinding look through the forum to find many posts about similar problems but none with the relay van, so i do need the good help of those who knows loads more than me about this....

basically on the steering column the wiper switch arm has two positions that do nothing and then two that do the slow and fast sweep of the wipers....i would imagine that one of the dead positions should be the interemittent bit...also if i pull the level towards me the jets skwirt but the wipers don't do the usual three sweeps!!!!!

i thought it maybe somelike a relay but don't know where to look as there is no relay map in the hand book (there is one for the fuses!!)

cheers in advance
ant
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

I had a similar problem in my xantia, I don't know if the stalks are similar but I replaced the stalk with a new one and it rectified the problem. a good friend also had the sma e problem with an xantia, and again the stalk was replaced but this time with a second hand one from a breakers.

regards nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
selectsands

relay van relay map needed

Post by selectsands »

cheers nigel will give this a go, but whilst i am on the subject of relays can someone point me in the direction of what and where all the relays are, it would be most helpful....
cheers ant
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Is it a mk 1,2 or 3 relay van as the 3 models are very different electrically.
selectsands

model??

Post by selectsands »

i think it's a mark 1 , the reg year is nov 2001, hope this helps...
cheers ant
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I believe the timer relay is built in to the wiper motor on a Relay 1, does the motor have 2 plugs ?
selectsands

thanks wheeler

Post by selectsands »

i will have a look tom (saturday) on the wiper motor, hopefully i can just replace the relay or are you saying it's a complete motor replace??
cheers
selectsands

there are two plugs

Post by selectsands »

i had a look and there are two plugs on the underside of the motor, could not see any relays though....i have found relays in two places now, one under the dash new the fuse box and another lot under the bonnet (front and center) in a plastic cover....really wished i knew what they all did...??