806/Synergie problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ayresie

806/Synergie problem

Post by ayresie »

Hi.
I have a 1995 806 diesel (same as a Citroen Synergie) and am trying to diagnose a noise which occurs in the area of the o/s/f wheel when driving around a left hand bend. I have had it previously diagnosed as a wheel bearing (which i subsequently had replaced, twice) and a driveshaft (also replaced). In the meantime, the diff on the gearbox died, so i had a replacement box fitted but to my amazement, the noise still persists. fyi, the discs and pads have also been replaced.
I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions
Many Thanks - Ben
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

Suggestions not 806/Synergie specific:

Are you really really sure it's that corner? Test with another driver and alternate front windows open.

Assuming that it's the side-load (rather than the amount of lock applied) that 'causes' the noise, perhaps you have a tired suspension bush that lets a suspension link make contact with subframe/body/whatever so that you're hearing noise that you shouldn't? Look for shiny contact patches.

Check that the O/S/F spring isn't broken giving you a 'soft' corner so that the tyre comes into contact with the body (or even the 'wonky' spring).
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
ayresie

Post by ayresie »

Thanks for the advice Old-Guy.
Definitely sure it's that corner as the noise is very clear.

I shall investigate any noticeable rubbing and will maybe test drive it without the disc guard on and if all else fails i may resort to swapping the front springs either side (its definitely not broken).

I very much appreciate your suggestions and will keep you updated.
Many Thanks - Ben