converting bog standard Fm Citroen stereos to digital.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

converting bog standard Fm Citroen stereos to digital.

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Hello, I am one of these people who doesn't really want to strip out my very good quality citroen radio and put something in the dashboard that doesn't look right in the space shuttle let alone a citroen xantia.

The very last thing that wow's me these days is a blue back lit video screen with flashy lights and if you want any oomph in a car stereo then this is the way things seem to be going, nope the citroen stereo is fine but does anyone know if there are any adapters? maybe some thing dash mounted that will pick up a digital signal and plug into the back of the stereo/cassette deck so I can listen to digital radio please?

I have the stereo that connects to the cd changer, only my cd changer isn't with the car anymore, one of the previous owners nicked it.
can't lay my hands on the handbook at the mo, I seem to remember it being the second stereo in the handbook looks like its a bit more expensive than the first. car is 1998 S reg. SX estate.

T.I.Advance.

Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

How about this:
http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/dab-carradios.html
I know that the styling isn't what you're looking for, but you could hide it away somewhere!
dieseldoggy
My Cars:

Post by dieseldoggy »

my blaupunkt does dab screen isn't blue either (green atmo :D) but could be any colour you like?.no flashing lights! did have some in mirror other day though?lol. and the major bonus of it sounding rather good which is way it should as you listen with your ears not your eyes!
xantia 19td estate 96-7
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

dnsey,

that looks good I'll look into that one at least it saves tearing the old stereo out of the dash.

thanks

Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

This may be of interest

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8137429.stm

Personally I'm waiting for the BBC to allow their iplayer over the 3G network rather than wifi only.
Cassy has a bluetooth radio for hands free talking and can also stream music (and movie soundtrack when watching films) from my phone.
I tried starting iplayer to catch up on the 6:30pm comedy I'd missed while waiting to give someone a lift, but unfortunately it just told me to connect to wifi :(
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool