2004 C3 - need to get rid of double DIN stereo, need part

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gers1978

2004 C3 - need to get rid of double DIN stereo, need part

Post by gers1978 »

I just bought a 2004 Citroen C3. The 1 previous owner has taken the Clarion 5 disc changer upgrade, meaning the car now has a Double DIN/2 x standard DIN size stereos in it.

I want to remove the whole thing and fit my own (standard DIN sized) stereo.

Can anyone tell me where to buy a fascia plate/cover that will cover the gap left by removing the DIN-sized 5 disc changer under the stereo?

Cheers
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

ImageImage
gers1978

Post by gers1978 »

No, that would be needed if I were removing a single DIN and fitting a double DIN.

I'm going the other way - I want to remove a double DIN, and fit a single DIN, but I need something to fill the gap that will be left...
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

From the factory they have a lttle cubby hole like THIS if they dont have the CD changer, possibly citroen part number 8211YA. There are a couple of variations of this depending on colour & what radio is fitted but it's around £9 + vat. The exclusives came with a little pop out drawer (part no 8214XK) but thats £33 + vat.
danielsydney
My Cars:

MY02 C3

Post by danielsydney »

Id love to know whats involved in changing the standard black clarion standard cd player. I dare not try to work out whats incolved. Isnt it all hooked up to this canbus system? Please help me?
C3 Automatic.
"la vie est belle"
"c'est elle que J'aime"
www.tvcitroen.com
www.renaulttv.co.uk
www.pubstv.com
"arive en France"
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

It's nothing to be scared of, firstly it depends on if you have a mk1 or 2 as they have different radio connectors, ISO on the early ones & quadlock on the later ones.
If you have the mk 2 you will need an adaptor. If you have the early type then most aftermarket radios come with ISO connections. If you switch the radio off from it's button before disconnecting it the canbus system wont look for it the next time you switch the ignition on so you don't need to deprogram it with a lexia. The speaker plug can just go straight in, as for the power lead, hopefully the radio comes with a little mini harness that goes from the ISO plugs to the radio as this saves butchering the original wiring. all you want from the cars harness is the battery live & the earth connecting to the radio, all other wires should be isolated, the other thing with these is that there is no ignition live at the radio so you need to run an ignition live up from the fag lighter.
If you have a mk 2 remember that the clock is adjusted through the buttons on the radio so if you ever need to adjust the time you will need to plug the old radio back in.