1.9d bottom half FREE

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dieseldoggy
My Cars:

1.9d bottom half FREE

Post by dieseldoggy »

Hi all after changing engine in my zanty.spilt engine yesterday to have a looksy for problem i had ie oil going into water!. cracked head! checking bores and they have no wear at all still have honing marks and no ridge at top or anything like that.so if anyone wants it? it's available to them for free.as would rather let someone have who would put to good use than scrap.or as a spare for them? going to try to dig out number for pre owner to see if thats original engine as looks so nice inside.0-7-9-5-6-1-6-8-4-8-8 garry
xantia 19td estate 96-7
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

I might need one some day so could you keep it for me? :P

But seriously though, I think the bottom end of these engines are the most reliable of any parts in a xantia. Like you say, my bores looked like they had recently been re-honed but at 116K I've been advised this is quite normal.
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Is that a D or a TD bottom end??

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

Hi all after changing engine in my zanty.spilt engine yesterday to have a looksy for problem i had ie oil going into water!. cracked head! checking bores and they have no wear at all still have honing marks and no ridge at top or anything like that.so if anyone wants it? it's available to them for free.as would rather let someone have who would put to good use than scrap.or as a spare for them? going to try to dig out number for pre owner to see if thats original engine as looks so nice inside.0-7-9-5-6-1-6-8-4-8-8 garry
Out of interest, what did you pay for a (scrappy?) exchange engine? I may need one for an XM 2.1D.
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
dieseldoggy
My Cars:

Post by dieseldoggy »

Hi all it's a td dhx code.if you want it it's there till next week then going to shift proberly. £150.it was later engine same code though. had a bit of a thing with no vac to cold start? thought that soleniod was gone (as using newer type).had a twiddle no joy? checked pump ok! then thought i'd by pass it and go direct to T piece! no? Ha let's have a shuffty round here aah he had left egr vac off! bing now all working! one thing i did notice or may'be coincidence that it runs abit warmer now?

What@s the pro's and con's of doing away with the egr valve ie stuffing something in it's orifice. someone said the emission won't be right or run correct? me think's cobblers! has it's not that advanced system?
xantia 19td estate 96-7
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

IMO the EGR's are nothing but trouble and well worth disabling/removing/blocking. They are supposed to offer reduced NOX emissions at no/low engine load but I suspect the extra fuel required to negate the slight loss of power increases overall emissions.

I'm pretty sure it makes no difference to the MOT emissions tests.

If you haven't already seen, take a look at my blog where I show what sort of crud these evil things create. Asthmatic(sp?) engines, anyone?

Second thoughts - click to enlarge

ImageImageImageImage
dieseldoggy
My Cars:

Post by dieseldoggy »

Hi is that the later type inlet pipe? with looks like an O ring? are they plastic now as my new engines got a black bit now and old was ali and always get blow by unless you make gasket and or have timeserts? put init a captive splined nut thing so can tighten it up. yes will be thinking of removing/blocking egr. what you could do with is removing manifold and having a spring clean so nice n shiney? bit of polishing? don't knoe how these respond to it though as some engines ie petrol need a rough inlet to stop wash through and vapour drop out thats reason injectors aim at inlet valve and 2nd injector aims across at inlet wall ie RS500 mind you petrols are strange anyway!
xantia 19td estate 96-7