Height Corrector Springs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Height Corrector Springs

Post by red_dwarfers »

After cleaning both of the height corrector linkages on my Xant, I've got a couple of questions and points I'd like to throw out for discussion.
I know they should be treated to a good clean every once in a while to keep the minute movements of the linkage moving, but should the springs need retensioning/replacing as no doubt if the manual height control lever is kept at either service high or low when parked, there is a constant pressure on one of the springs that side, and if the car sinks there will be a constant pressure on the roll bar/plastic link spring :?:
The reason this got me thinking is that couldn't this have an adverse affect on the ride height?
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

I would be inclined to say NO, it doesn't matter, I think they are there SIMPLY to make the lever moveable inside the car!!

They replaced the "Bar" used on the BX system and the XM which DO NOT Sieze up on them...

I wouldn't worry about them, they wont change the speed of the height corrector, the end point of the two levers act on the height corrector..

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i agree with Paul but to add all the spings do is return the linkage to its default setting, one is the auto hight self adjust and the other is for the manual hight setting, besides that they are not designed to come appart unless you have a machine shop to hand

regards malcolm