'97 Berlingo glow plug light question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

berlingo_neil

'97 Berlingo glow plug light question

Post by berlingo_neil »

Hey gang,

can anyone help me out... My Berlingo (apart from burning shed loads of oil) runs a treat, but the last couple of times i've used it i've been having hot start troubles...

when it's cold the glow plug light appears as it should, it extinguishes itself in the normal manner, i turn the key & the engine starts. After stopping for a short time in the local high street i put the key in turned it & found the glow plug light out - playing with the ignition i noticed that the familiar clicking the comes from the left hand side of the dash to be absent. Left it for a bit turned the key again & the light came on, waited for it to go out, started engine no probs..

Tonight - 1st time i've used it this week, key in, plug light on, plug light off, turn key & start. drove 5-6 miles to the supermarket, quick visit, came back out & i got the same symptoms as earlier - no heater light & no solenoid? click. waited a couple of minutes after looking under the bonnet & the light came back & we were off!! :roll:

Anyone had anything along these lines? any ideas?

cheers, Neil
berlingo_neil

Post by berlingo_neil »

Also notice that it now turns over quite a bit more sluggishly & it is reluctant to fire even when cold & you've warmed the plugs on a couple of cycles.

It had new Beru glow plugs back in March.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

The first problem could be a faulty ignition switch, the slow turnover after three glow plug applications is almost certainly your battery coming to the end of its life - unless its not charging properly'
berlingo_neil

Post by berlingo_neil »

Thanks Peter!

I'll investigate further...