2.1 with EPIC fault?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TigerTim
My Cars:

2.1 with EPIC fault?

Post by TigerTim »

My 2.1 Td Xantia is having rough running and stalling problems that have got progressively worse over the last few months. I'm presuming my Epic pump has thrown a fit and won't keep going for much longer :(

I am considering changing to the Bosch pump, especially as it'll be nice to tweak the power a bit. Is it a reasonably easy thing or are there any major pitfalls / problems that are likely to be encountered?

Thanks,
Tim

Xantia 2.1 TD SX
Supra 2.5 TT-R
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Tim,

An EPIC is VERY sensitive to air leaks. Before doing anything, check you have no air leaks in the fuel system. Start with the Leakoff pipes.

Normally Lucas systems are not worried by leaky leakoffs but the EPIC is very much the exception.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

If you do decide to go down the Bosch route, they are fairly straightforward to fit but you will require the Bosch injector pipes as well, and if you are a purist, the injectors - finding one is likely to be the problem.