Replaced accelerator cable-car seems to be runnning colder !

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BrianM
My Cars:

Replaced accelerator cable-car seems to be runnning colder !

Post by BrianM »

Accelerator cable on my 97 Xantia TD jammed in the "to the floor" position the other evening so I replaced it with an older one without the cylinder springy bit. Whether its a coincidence or not the car seems to be running colder - temp guage sits between 70 and 80 - would alway have sat on 80. Mind you revs did hit close to 5K when the cable stuck but the car was well warmed at the time and it was only for a few seconds :( . No big bubbles in headertank/pressurising or anything like that - car is driving better than it ever did with over 220K on it - should have changed the cable ages ago :!: Has anyone had a similiar experience ?

Brian

97 Xantia TD
93 Xantia TD waiting 'restoration'
95 Xantia TD slowly loosing parts !
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

I wouldn't worry, I would be more concerned if it was reading a higer temperature
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Yes me too. It could be that the high revs have dislodged some of the crud in the cooling system and improved the circulation, have a look at the colour of the water, if its dirty, change it and don't forget the antifreeze.
BrianM
My Cars:

Post by BrianM »

Indeed, was intending to do a coolant change last weekend as have a bit of towing coming up but didn't quite get around to it :oops: .

Brian