A fellowship of Trust, meets Serendipity

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

A fellowship of Trust, meets Serendipity

Post by addo »

With cars like Cits and Pugs, the number of people one feels confident relying on for spares and service, can be pretty small.

I was in need of parts to repair the crashed Alfa, so I called my local French car parts mob. Sadly, they'd been excommunicated by the Cit importers - who also do Alfa.

However... As with all decent businees, they had a backdoor starting point. "Call this fellow and say I sent you." Instruction duly followed; said chap unable to assist but apologetic. "You should talk to so-and-so."

Armed with recommendation to cite, I phoned. "Send me some pictures." He seemed decent enough; plan 1.4 swung into action. Anyone can kick tyres on the phone, but a dedicated person drops off purpose-taken 7×5 photos of the damage. After a good twenty-five minute chat, we struck a deal that works well for both parties.

By pure coincidence, he had just been offered a rear hit car that matched my front hit for model and year. It's funny; I had been putting off the legwork until I felt "Paris" the 405 was under control, and then everything fell into place. And, probably wouldn't have happened so nicely if I didn't know a decent bunch of French parts suppliers to begin with.

It's a neat little loop. :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent stuff Adam :D A very heartwarming tale...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...