Xantia Front Struts

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

artj
My Cars:

Xantia Front Struts

Post by artj »

I have aleaking front strut on my Xantia HDi 110.I know the strut top is different between Mk1 & 2 Xantia but is the actual strut itself different?
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Not that i am aware of.

If you are buying a second hand strut complete with brakes, take into consideration that the hub and brake set up may differ from your original one and need swapping over.
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i think the main diferance will be if the car is hydractive or not, and if you are going to the breakers to source some the easyest way to check this is by the diamiter of the strut main feed pipe going to the turret, if it only has the 3.5mm pipe it is non H/A but if it has the larger pipe with high presure rubber sections it is H/A,

were dose you leg/strut seem to be leaking from

and can you add some picy's

regards malcolm
artj
My Cars:

Post by artj »

There is an internal leak in the left front strut.I took off the return pipe and there is a definite drip-not huge but a lot more than the other side.Also the front end sinks down over a couple of hours.The car is non-hydractive so I shouldnt have any trouble getting a decent strut if they do interchange.