bio diesel woes?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dieseldoggy
My Cars:

bio diesel woes?

Post by dieseldoggy »

I haven't seen on here about it? Been told not to put bio diesel/WVO in an HDi or common rail diesel. and i know some people still try.
Also if you run on it heard on grapevine? and found out that heater plugs burn out alot quicker! as last year put new ones in beru ones and just had to replace them as some gone right through.

Mayb're a sticky post?
xantia 19td estate 96-7
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

I have heard of some running a twin tank system on hdi's but certainly not something i would ever try! Il stick to the good old IDI!! itll run off anything with an octane value.
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

davetherave wrote:I have heard of some running a twin tank system on hdi's but certainly not something i would ever try! Il stick to the good old IDI!! itll run off anything with an octane value.
You mean a cetane value :wink:
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

Octane or cetane both have gone through nicely (obviously not 100% petrol though!)
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
dieseldoggy
My Cars:

Cetane

Post by dieseldoggy »

On the 2.2's they have an add mix.bit like add-blue on trucks!.in another small tank which you don't fill comes from manufacture for life of car? give an amount each time you fill up.sensor in fuel cap.which expects you to fill car up from empty each time? not drips&drabs!.that's stuffed it then with lot's putting five&tenner's in?.it's something to do with fat burner in exhaust etc. Good old technologly works great in lab&pc? but falls flat on it's face in the real world!
xantia 19td estate 96-7
h2ocooler
My Cars:

Re: Cetane

Post by h2ocooler »

dieseldoggy wrote:On the 2.2's they have an add mix.bit like add-blue on trucks!.in another small tank which you don't fill comes from manufacture for life of car? give an amount each time you fill up.sensor in fuel cap.which expects you to fill car up from empty each time? not drips&drabs!.that's stuffed it then with lot's putting five&tenner's in?.it's something to do with fat burner in exhaust etc. Good old technologly works great in lab&pc? but falls flat on it's face in the real world!
If you mean the Eolys addative it is not filled for life, part of the service is to fill it at required intervals, you can buy the fluid from main stealers.
Read somewhere it uses the fuel guage to determine the amount of fuel added and doses accordingly
Rob
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Re: bio diesel woes?

Post by MikeT »

dieseldoggy wrote:I haven't seen on here about it?
Ooo, there are many posts discussing the pro's n con's and the do's n dont's. I think one of them was made a sticky and/or placed in the handy hints section but you do need to search to find them.

It's the first I've heard of veg oil negatively affecting glowplugs and I fail to see how this can happen - any pics of the burnt-through glows?