206 Quicksilver not working, So not so Quick now.....

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pleiades
My Cars:

206 Quicksilver not working, So not so Quick now.....

Post by Pleiades »

Well as stated, my son's Quicksilver has just arrived home on a bar behind the RAC van. :evil:

Now it seems that the immobiliser has immobilised the car, the red light up by the hazzard switch is flashing constant, the car turns over fine but does not want to start.

As most know, I can fix engines, gearboxes, hydraulics and even weld if I have to but I have very limited knowledge of electrcity, :oops:

Does anyone know how to re-set the thing?? as I will try re-setting before delving deeper into it.

Thanks in advance and any info will be greatfully recieved.

Regards
Martin.
Pleiades
My Cars:

Post by Pleiades »

Well, after a quick dash to Tesco's to get another key battery as I thought that this may help in re-setting, I came home with the wrong one, :oops:

Still one of my first rules of diagnosis has allways been, dont listen to what others have checked!! As normal I ignored my own rule and listened very carefull as my lad said that he had checked the fuses, his mates dad, a garage mechanic (main dealer) had checked the fuses and the RAC guy had checked the fuses.

Guess what??? it was a blown fuse, :evil:

My own gut feeling was this from the start but chose to ignore my own advise.

All's well that ends well.

Just thought that you may be interested in the outcome, just in case you get the same one day.

Regards
Martin.

PS, new workshop coming along well, I cant wait to get going again with proper working facilities..