SAXO VTR imobaliser

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

SAXO VTR imobaliser

Post by citronut »

is it possible to disable the factory imobaliser with a LEXIA 2, on a Treg SAXO VTR (transponder type)

regards malcolm
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

No you cant do it with Lexia but if the car is running you can simply unplug the transponder ECU (black box with 18 pin plug located behind the glovebox) & it will stay unlocked just like the old keypad systems. It can then be started with an unprogramed key.
Why do you need to do it ?
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the owner has had a car electrics guy out a few months ago to get the car started once without the OE code, then just over a week ago i got the OE code from citroen and re/enterd it to get the car going as it had packed up again, now its packed up again,

the car has also got an aftermarket imobaliser fitted, the type were you have to lock and unlock the car to get it started,but that seemed to be fine as theb last time i re/enterd the OE code the car started

regards malcolm
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Seems you have one of these very rare incidents with a transponder ECU packing up.
They "never" fail - except when they do exactly so ...
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Is the key light flashing ? after you reprogramed the key was it ok for a while ? The transponder aerial around the ignition barrel is a very common failure on the saxo, especially the early models.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

ok thanks Wheeler

after reprogramming the imobaliser/key it did work for about two weeks,

the imobaliser/key lamp did go out after LEXIA'ERing it

in what way dose the transponder aerial fail

regards malcolm
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I don know excatly how they fail but its just a very fine coil of wire. It causes intermittant or permanant non start with the key light flashing, engine still cranks ok. The part is quite cheap & doesent need programing, just plugs straight in.