rear door lock

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

protemporum

rear door lock

Post by protemporum »

Hello, Xantia NS rear door lock will not open, plipper and key, operates all doors exept NSR. Inner door handle works fine, moving all of the control rods. Door panel removed (that is a frustating job when you cannot get door open) all rods connected. Any ideas how i can get door open? It is an MOT failure not to be able to open door from outside of the vehicle.
boeingmech

Post by boeingmech »

hi, i,ve just had the same with my car,i took the plastic clip off the door lock operating rod and it seems to work fine now, i,m wondering if the rod is jamming in the plastic when it tries to open
protemporum

Post by protemporum »

Hello boeingmech,
thankyou for your reply, unfortunately, this will not help me, i have removed all interior door trim (not easy when you can not get door open!) The electrics are operating the lock soleniod, with the 'plipper',the key and the interior door lock button, but not apparently the actual door lock/jam mechanism. Pulling and pushing on the control rods also appears to "work" the solenoid inside the lock (it makes the usual 'clicking' noises) Cannot get door open.....Help!
Pleiades
My Cars:

Post by Pleiades »

Had this problem quite a few times with the Xantia rear door. The only solution that I found was to arm yourself with the new parts ie complete door lock mechanism, then proceed to strip off the trim and smash the old one to bits with a long chisel.

It all sounds brutal but it's a system that I found works best, I would wear some goggles though as the plastic will fly at you when you are getting the old one out.

Regards
Martin.
rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Post by rory_perrett »

Not sure if the Xantia is the same as the Xsara but had the same problem on the NSR door on the Xsara. Got a long metal rule down into the door down the side of the window (window open) and then tapped the lock while locking and unlocking with the pliper. If you have one of the front doors open when you lock it it immediately unlocks again. After about 5 attempts it unlocked and I got the door open. If you have got the inner panel off it should be easier to get at the lock to tap it.