C5 electric window problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rabenson
My Cars:

C5 electric window problem

Post by rabenson »

Hi,

I've recently bought a 2004 C5 (pre facelift) with 42k on the clock and am really pleased with it! However I've got a niggly fault; the rear electric windows are really sluggish - in fact the drivers side one often won't wind down. I've tried using both the drivers door switches and the one on the rear doors but the effect is the same. If it was just one window, I would suspect the motor but I'd be surprised if both rear window motors went dodgy together!

Any ideas??

Ron
2007 C6 2,7 HDI exclusive 95k
2004 C5 VTR HDI 103k
bigev

Post by bigev »

i have a similar preoblem i can open both passenger side windows from the drivers side switches

but cannot close them they work fine from their own switches

also the close window button opn the remote does the same thing it wont close the passenger windows
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

To reset the windows, press and hold up on affected windows, and once closed hold it there for about 5 seconds. That might sort the not closing on the remote.

My rear window became sluggish after the door was repaired after someone drove into it. Perhaps before you bought the car it had a little accident. It may be the windows are too tight.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
rabenson
My Cars:

Post by rabenson »

I've been round the (very tight) rubber seals with a bit of furniture polish - seems to have improved matters greatly - I'll see how it goes.....

Thanks,

Ron
2007 C6 2,7 HDI exclusive 95k
2004 C5 VTR HDI 103k