Xantia 1.9 TDSX 1993 Alternator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chasqui
(Donor 2020)

Xantia 1.9 TDSX 1993 Alternator

Post by chasqui »

Does anyone know the AMP rating for the alternator for a xantia 93 1.9 TDSX?

95A? 115A?

I think one is larger than the other.

Mine has died and I'm wanting to source one from a breakers yard and want to make sure I get the right one.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

The fitting is more important than the amp rating, most of them are up around 80 amps which is adequate for normal usage, they should all regulate at around 14 volts so a smaller one will take slight longer to recharge the battery. Unless you run a 2000watt sound system it shouldn't be a problem.
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

As Peter says, the fitting is the most important aspect. You normally find that the 115A alternator will be a bigger unit (but not always).

The best way is to look for any OE numbers or amp ratings on yours and likewise on the new one. Either that or ring me tomorrow on 0151 525 1764 (GSF Liverpool) with your reg number and i will tell you what was fitted to yours from the factory and what the differences are in each one size wise :wink:

Regards
Vince
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

chasqui,
Have a look at your alternator and check to see if the small wire is connected to it. If it isnt or broke your alternator wont work, also, check your brushes, they could be knackered, easy to fix and cheaper than a new unit...

Paul
1xAmi,3xGS,2xBx,2xAX,2xSaxo,1xXantia mk I,2xXantia MkII,1xC1,2xC2,
AbangCorp
My Cars:

Post by AbangCorp »

i have a small problem

fyi, i changed magnetic clutch
then, i changed my alternator

bacause aux belt is due, squecking noise something (the tensioner bearing also show sign of failing)
i changed new aux belt (bando pk1700, not original teco germany)

my problem is, my new belt was eaten by the pulley (i dont know which one) on the outer side only, does this indicate that my alt and aircond magnetic clutch is not properly align

what is the remedy if it is not aligned?

ill take picture if i have time to

thanks