V6 Cruise control

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fastred
My Cars:

V6 Cruise control

Post by fastred »

My Xantia Mk 2 cruise control has stopped working. The light on the switch comes on, but cruise will not engage when the steering column lever is pulled upwards. So far I have given the column switch a good dose of switch cleaner, with no result, and am wondering what to look at next.

In case this has any relevance - I do not think that cruise has been used since last year, when it had a period of being reluctant to engage and then started to work normally again.

If this turns out to be an ECU problem I will probably just live with it (or rather without it), but if anybody has any useful hints these would be very welcome.

fastred

Xantia 24V 2000
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Its been covered before, but the two common faults are:

1) the brake switch, which has an extra set of contacts for the CC, which seem to get dirty every few years and can be cleaned by rubbing a piece of paper through them (but be careful not to break the clips or lose the springs when dismanling the switch).

2) the vacuum hose is the wrong size going onto the nipple on the pump ( behind the front bumper) and tends to split, causing lazy operation, then non-operation.