Switch question and Rant.....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vince
My Cars:

Switch question and Rant.....

Post by vince »

Lets get the rant out of the way first :lol:

I always think that one of the most annoying things on cars is when someone has carried out some kind of repair and bodges the job. This nearly always leads to a new owner having simple jobs turn into a larger ones :x

Let me explain.....
My external O/S/F door trim needs to be re attached at the leading edge. So i have some clips to use if necessary but thought i'll strip the interior trim off to see how the clips work and how it all looks from inside.

I prized off the drivers side window / mirror switch panel and disconnected the mirror multiplugs. The trim has always not fitted flush on the bottom edge and leant slightly away. The reason why is that the electric window wires have been coupled together and stuffed back into place causing a lump of wiring forcing the trim panel away at the bottom.

Now the fun begins and also my questions arise......

With the wiring being stuffed behind the panel, some of the green wires are / were hanging on by a thread....and of course as soon as disturbed, one snapped off :x Now my drivers side window will go down but not up when re assembled :roll: I managed to get the window back up by holding the wire in place and pressing the switch.

Question: How do you take out the window switch multiplugs? without forcing them i cannot see how they release? And can they come apart to re connect the wires inside it?

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi your my only hope :)
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Just bodge it Vince, it'll be OK :)
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

I cant do that Steve...kind of defeats my point :) I dont like to bodge things :wink:

If it cant be split then i will solder the wires back on. As its a tight spot though i wanted the wires fed properly into the plug as solder can also break over time.
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the word BODGE used to mean some highly skilled person had made and repaired something out of nout, well just bits and pieces laying around TEA HE

i think a little PERCY WHAT SIT is required here Vince

regards malcolm