Will a 1.9TD Xantia engine fit in a ZX TD?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tarball
My Cars:

Will a 1.9TD Xantia engine fit in a ZX TD?

Post by tarball »

Well? Will it?
Cheers, Jason[:)]
B_Draper
My Cars:

Post by B_Draper »

If you do a search on this type of question, you'll find that other people have asked this.
To answer your question, yes - it is possible to change the engine as the same units are used for both cars.
Dave Burns said in a previous post at http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=1029 about this subject -
"Another thing to watch out for is the anti-theft device fitted to the fuel pump, if the ZX has a keypad imobiliser you need an engine with this anti-theft device fitted to the pump, or you will have to transfer the fuel pump aswell.
If the ZX does not have a keypad you can still use an engine with the anti-theft device, but you will have to remove it from the pump to get at the stop solenoid, this operation also require's the fuel pump to be removed from the engine."
Hope this helps
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Also if the vacuum pump on the ZX is a direct drive job, and the Xantia engine has never had one fitted, you should remove the oil return blanking plug before fitting the pump.
If the ZX has a belt drive vacuum pump you may need to install a camshaft oil seal before fitting the pulley.
Dave