205 diesel - rough low throttle

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

woodhead722

205 diesel - rough low throttle

Post by woodhead722 »

Hi
When cold and setting off downhill, it is a bit rough on very low throttle and grey/or blueish smoke is evident.
I've put some injector cleaner thro' on low tank & given good hard run but no difference.
The smoke is not there once warm, but the slight stutter is always there on the lowest of throttle.
Suprisingly enough we also had the same on the previous 205D which was written off.
Any advice welcome, strange how it's occured on 2 cars (80K and 150k miles).
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

To me it sounds like a sticky coldstart mechanism.

This device alters the injection timing when engine is cold, and is most noticeably at engine idle. They tend ro stick on failure, constantly altering the timing.

Usually the device itself is a cylindrical device with a a bowden cable, pulling hard on either a switch or a lever on the diesel pump.
With warm engine this bowden cable should be slack releasing any switch or lever.

My guess its approx £25 as spare part, and very easy to replace DIY : just replace on cold engine and adjust for a tight cable.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
woodhead722

Post by woodhead722 »

Reference to this part on the internet usually occur when there are cold STARTING problems. Our car starts great, and ticks over great..........but that tiny bit of throttle.. :evil:

Still have the same view AndersDK? Thanks.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Yes -

As when defective this device sticks - in the coldstart position.
Try the very easy check I wrote for you ...
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image