citroen xsara engine problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

baza

citroen xsara engine problem

Post by baza »

were driving along normal at about 40 mph when all of a sudden it lost all power and seemed like it started to run on 2 cylinders, i pulled over and tried to set off again but no power at all and seemed as if it were missing.. someone mentioned the coil pack.. anyone heard or had this problem them selfs' here is a link to youtube to hear it and see what you think... cheers..

wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Almost definitely the coil pack at fault, looks like the original one still in there. very easy job to do, just make sure you change the spark plugs at the same time though as a dodgy spark plug can cause the coil to fail.
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

Hi,

Checkout ebay, there's someone on there selling genuine Citroen coil packs at good prices. I've just bought one from them for the XM.

Steve.
not applicable
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Change the coil pack ASAP - there have been reports of faulty coils damaging the ECU, which you DON'T want :shock:
_kid_

Post by _kid_ »

have you searched the 306 forum? i have the same car & engine as yours, i go there as it is a massive forum and better than the the xsara one. (same car as a xsara underneath- albeit less safe in a crash!)

http://www.pug306.net/forum/index.php

try a search.
currently no citroens :-(
1.4 2000 forte now gone too
xantia 1.8i 16v dimension 1996P now gone,
baza

Post by baza »

Cheers guys it were the coil pack...!!