xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johnnyrigg1

xantia

Post by johnnyrigg1 »

got a light that stays on in dash its yellow and looks like a car in a skid anybody know what it is its a 2000
Last edited by johnnyrigg1 on 14 Apr 2009, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's the ABS warning light. It most likely means an ABS sensor has failed.

If you can let us know the year (and if MK1 or MK2), some further information can be offered to help track down the duff sensor.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

This article on checking the sensors will be useful.

ABS Sensor Checks.

Note that the resistance of an ABS sensor is very critical. If it is not within a very few ohms of 1080 ohms than it is duff.

Also check the "Dragons Teeth" on the CV joints. These are the ABS Rings used by the sensor to generate the necessary wheel-speed signal. Make sure they are tight and clean. Sometimes they break and fall off. If they are caked with dirt and rust, tghus can affect them too.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...