Any Ideas?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Zummerman
My Cars:

Any Ideas?

Post by Zummerman »

I had a problem with my S1 XM V6 Auto earlier today that has mystified me. I started the car and drove about 800 yards to a local shop to buy a sandwich. Came out of the shop, turned the key, warning lights etc came on but the attempt to turn the starter resulted in electrical death. The effect was the same as if the battery had been disconnected - no power to anything. Turned off the ignition and back on, everything still black. The clock disappeared, the radio had no power, not even to light the "code" light and the red light on the immobiliser pad was also extinguished.[:(]
I opened the bonnet, no strange electrical burning smells, checked the battery connections - good - can't see the starter or alternator without getting underneath so couldn't see if any wires had dropped off or shorted. Battery voltage was good. I tweaked wires and rattled relays inside the car and under the bonnet. Fiddled with the ignition switch - seemed OK. After about twenty minutes I noticed the red light flashing in the immobiliser pad so rekeyed the code and tried the ignition switch again - nothing - but on the second attempt everything sprang to life. Turning the key further ran the starter and started the car. [:)] It took about 45 mins for the radio to receive power again. But since the incident I've made three normal starts and covered about 90 miles.[:D]
I'm miles from my circuit diagrams - any ideas guys?
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Check the other ends of the battery leads Zummerman. I think it ha s gone unearthly.