what do we think of this?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mrlogik
My Cars:

what do we think of this?

Post by mrlogik »

c5 hdi 110 lx
Xantia hdi forte 140,000 [sold]
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Sounds interesting but couldn't see a price. Personally, if I bought something like this I'd like to see it working, I think I'd be a bit wary, especially as the disks look to be copies and are located in Hong Kong. I'd love to have one to play with though so can understand the temptation.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Somebody on here has one. Can't for the life of me recall who now...

Personally, I'd be on the hunt for a good Lexia 2. Cost will be similar but at least you then have the pukka thing..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

I found a site the other day that was doing a Lexia for half price, around £500, does this sound right? and do they work well for older PSA stuff with the old 2pin green diag socket?

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote:I and do they work well for older PSA stuff with the old 2pin green diag socket?
£500 is about the going rate for for a good, fully loaded Lexia 2 if you can find one and they're the best for the older stuff.

The Lexia 3 as shown in the link will do them but I believe not fully and you'll need to buy adaptors separately. The one above comes, by the looks of it, with only a 16 pin EOBD-style pulg and for pre '98 Citroens you'll need the 30 pin diagnsostic socket adaptor. An enquiry needs to be made to see if they can supply and at what price.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

http://www.alibaba.com/product/asmandat ... xia_2.html

Sound like a really nice bit of kit but i dont think swmbo would let me spend £500 just now considering i only have the one car it's not going to get much use................................i need to buy another car thats the answer :lol:
Am i right in thinking they can read and clear all onboard ecu's not just the engine management ?

[/quote]
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Yep, it'll do them all Dean :D
Jim

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Damn that is tempting :D
Citroen once told me that the Hydractive ecu could not be read :^o i did try to argue at the time but when there is three of them stood there shaking heads.........................

Thanks
XM Prestige PRV6 92

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

The Hydractive ECU is THE most important one to read Dean - certainly it records more faults than any of the others.

Show me a hydractive ECU and I'll show you a steering position sensor fault recorded in it :lol: :lol:

The thing with the Hydractive ECU is that any recorded faults in it seem to make it use default values and ignore the sensor in question which, particularly on the Activa, takes the sharp edge off the handling. A regular Lexia session on an Activa is therefore almost an essential part of routine maintenance!
Jim

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Very interesting Jim thank you, that may explain some strange things.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Deanxm wrote:I found a site the other day that was doing a Lexia for half price, around £500, does this sound right? and do they work well for older PSA stuff with the old 2pin green diag socket?

D
You don't need a Lexia for the old two pin socket, a simple Gunsons/LED flash code reader will do for those :wink:

Is your XM fitted with Hydractive 1 or 2? The reason I ask is that does the first version even have an ECU to read codes from?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Mine is hydractive 1 and the ecu is a H3 from memory, all hydractive cars had computer control for the suspension.
I have actualy got the gunsons code reader, the trouble i have with it though is it seems to be a touch inacurate, i have had mine for 5 yrs and the only codes i have ever got from it are either no fault dispite the orange light of death glowing away furiously on the dash or 'lambda control' which could be anything from the ecu to the sensor itself, and i have never been able to get any codes from the hydractive ecu, i think my ecu can be made to blink the codes via the warning on the dash but even if i did succeed i believe a lexia can perform all sorts of amazing things like firing injectors and operating other components and realtime data from any of the EManagement sensors, i also hear you can adjust the ignition timing and idle speed etc etc, but i may be wrong.
I have seen on a forum (cant remember which one) that you can perform adv or rtard of the ignition timing with the gunsons reader by using the switch to enter codes to the ecu, but it does sound a dodgy way of doing things considering there is no screen to see whats happening.

Thanks
D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Deanxm wrote:i also hear you can adjust the ignition timing and idle speed etc etc, but i may be wrong.
I have seen on a forum (cant remember which one) that you can perform adv or rtard of the ignition timing with the gunsons reader by using the switch to enter codes to the ecu, but it does sound a dodgy way of doing things considering there is no screen to see whats happening.
I know with lexia you can definitely adjust the ignition timing on the 1.0 AX's with monopoint injection but i dont know if you can do it with any other engines/injection systems. I cant say i've noticed any option to adjust the idle speed though.
I would say anything with the 2 pin diagnostic connector is more suited to an ELIT diagnostic tool.
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

Mine is like that, and it works! :D About £270 from Ebay though.

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
JamesQB
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 1.8 - I miss this car a lot.

Post by JamesQB »

I've got a OBDII reader that works alongside a laptop. Our C3 diesel is a 2003 so isn't OBDII compliant but has the 16-pin connector that looks identical to the OBDII ones. Don't know much about it, so wondered if the difference is just the pin configuration so that with a bit of rewiring, the reader would work, or if it goes beyond simple pinouts?
Honda Civic 2.2 CDTi 2006
Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi 2007