Re-programming a BSi from a Lexia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re-programming a BSi from a Lexia

Post by DickieG »

A good friend of mine has a Xsara 2 HDi to which he'd like to add cruise control. I ran my Lexia on it yesterday with the idea of re-programming the BSi and adding the cruise control stalk, when I went into the BSI unit my eyes popped out :shock: at the huge number of options available to turn on/off useful/not so useful facilities on the car simply by a pressing a few buttons on the Lexia.

However to re-programme the BSi, Lexia asked for a five digit code (not the one on the immobilser code card as that is only four digits). Would anyone be able to help with where that code is recorded, is it a case of contacting a dealer and paying out £15 for each car or will it be recorded somewhere on the car, service documents or part of the chassis number etc. I take the code will be made up entirely of numbers not letters as the asterisks didn't change when I attempted to enter random codes.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The code you need is 01134, It's the same on all Lexia's. You also need to go into the injection ECU & set the option RVV to present. Have you also fitted the extra brake switch & does it have a clutch switch ?
Just be aware you cant do it with all xsaras, some dont have the neccisary clutch/brake switch wiring at the ECU. Tried to do it a few years ago with my mates 2002 90bhp siemens xsara & it wasnt fully pre wired up.

A lot of the BSI options wont work if you turn them on unless there are certain components/ECU's fitted that the feature needs. ie the cruise control wont work without the stalk, brake & clutch switches.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Excellent thanks for that :D I'll take a look for the brake and clutch switches, but bearing in mind that the car has the same ecu as you mates car maybe it won't work, no harm in trying though.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If that code doesent work try 01334. It's one or the other cant remember which now but i think its the 1st one.

EDIT: It's definitely the first one 01134.
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

Sorry to break into this thread but it occured to me the other day that the cruise control on my HDi (C5) only works in 4th and 5th. Whereas on the old XM it also worked in third which was handy on 30 MPH roads. 30 in forth gear on the HDi is a bit too low in the rev range (about 1000rpm I think). I wonder if it's possible to change the cruise control so it is available in 3rd gear? I've been that busy this last 2 weeks this is the first chance I've had to check the forums.

Any idea Wheeler?

Thanks.

Steve.
not applicable
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

It cant be changed, 4th gear or above only im afraid.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Hello chaps,

Just a bit of info..

The cruise control on my 2.2 Hdi C5 works in 3rd gear.

But it doesn't work below around 25 mph.

A friend of mine had a Peugeot 307 and that wouldn't work in 3rd gear.
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

Weird or what. Cruise in third was so useful. The current XM I have doesn't even have cruise. Neither did the Xantia come to that.

Steve.
not applicable
xmexclusive

Post by xmexclusive »

Hi Steve

Not all 2.5 XM's with electronic cruise are the same. They started off production with a 30mph minimum setable speed. Mid 96 I think Citroen changed the hard coded programme in the ECU to work down to 25mph. My collection of different 2.5 EPROMs still grows. I day I will sit down and download the EPROMs to find the coding differences. Anyone throwing out XM ECU's throw them my way please.

John
Xmexclusive